Don’t forget, you can still get local, fresh foods at the Winter Storrs Farmers Market, which is open from 3 to 5 p.m. Saturday (March 26) at the Mansfield Public Library, in the Buchanan Auditorium (on the right side of the library).
You can also keep track of what’s going on at the market on Facebook and on Twitter.
Some of what you will find at the market:
- from Bailey’s Maple Syrup, maple vinegar, fresh local honey;
- from Baldwin Brook Farm – raw milk, organic pasture-raised pork including nitrate-free, smoked, thick cut bacon and hams, organic Angus beef;
- from Culinary Expressions – fresh baked pies and breads;
- from Dondero Orchards – apples and veggies;
- from Dragon’s Blood Elixir – hot sauces made with CT-grown produce;
- from Farm to Hearth – rustic, hearty breads baked in wood-fire oven, roasted CT-grown mushroom foccacia, Celtic Harvest (country bread with organic brown rice, organic corn grits, organic rolled oats);
- from Four Mile River Farm – steaks, kabobs, hardwood-smoked hotdogs, Kellidogs, nitrate-free corned beef, pork bratwurst, beef chili;
- from Quiet Corner Coffee Roasters – Brazil Cerrado, Sumatra Mandheling, and Sumatra Water Wash Decaf;
- from Shundahai Farm – salad greens, spinach, butternut squash, turnips;
- from Spring Acres Farm – skeins of wool yarn;
- from Tobacco Road Farm – salad greens, parsnips, leeks, turnips, rutabaga, burdock root.
Posted March 26, 2011
Have a news item or event you’d like to see posted on this news site? Simply send your information to email@example.com and include your town in the subject line of your email. Please also include a phone number where you can be reached if there are questions.